Is your horse irritable, losing condition or has a poor appetite? Could they be suffering from ulcers?
AbPrazole (omeprazole) is Abler’s most popular product for the treatment and prevention of equine gastric ulcer syndrome (EGUS), which is a common issue amongst stabled horses, performance horses, horses stressed by a changed environment or horses being treated with anti-inflammatories.
Omeprazole is from the family of proton pump inhibitors (PPI’s) that blocks secretion of acid. Omeprazole assists by reducing and neutralizing acid in the horse’s stomach, which enables improved healing of existing ulcer damage.
Each dose of AbPrazole is effective for 24 hours.
- Available in granule, tablet or paste form to suit all horse tastes and temperaments.
- Granules and tablets include an enteric coating to ensure the medication can make it through the stomach and target the affected area.
- Paste includes an enteric buffering agent to ensure the medication can make it through the stomach and target the affected area.
- Easy to measure and feed.
- Granules available in bulk packs (equivalent of 50 sachets), for convenience.
- Buy 50 for US$1.43 each and save 5%
- Buy 150 for US$1.35 each and save 10%
- Buy 250 for US$1.28 each and save 15%
- Buy 500 for US$1.20 each and save 20%
Delivery is calculated at checkout
|Safety and Storage||
Omeprazole, like other PPI's, is well tolerated. Nervousness, abnormal heartbeat, muscle pain, weakness, leg cramps and water retention occur infrequently.
Massive overdosage is required to cause problems in other species but the toxic dosage in horses is uncertain. Rats have tolerated oral doses no greater than 40mg/kg (this would be equivalent to ten times of 100% product fed to a horse at one time).
Omeprazole appears to be very well tolerated in horses. There may be a possibility of Gastro Intestinal (GI) distress (anorexia, colic, flatulence, diarrhea).
For added effectiveness in the healing of equine ulcers, learn about the benefits of combining AbPrazole Tablets with AbSucralfate.